Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3 - A beginning

Yes, I am starting my blog on day 3. I guess I just haven't been ready. Not sure I am now. But here goes....

First, why is my blog titled 7' 4": A Journey? If you know me, you know for a fact I am not seven feet tall. Not even 6 feet tall. I am 5' 6" on a good-posture day. The significance of the title is that my BMI is a healthy BMI for someone 7' 4". I think I weigh more than Pau Gasol of the Lakers. Kind of puts a damper on my crush. lol So I hope to lose 135 pounds.

Second, why blog? Well, I started the Optifast weight loss program on Tuesday, 800 calories a day for 6 months. I anticipate a lot of changes and emotions, thoughts, epiphanies, and who knows what else. I was going to journal as a way of keeping a record and dealing with the changes, my feelings, and my thoughts. Several wonderful friends expressed interest in joining me on my journey. Rather than post for the entire Facebook world to see, a blog it is....

I have never blogged before. I can't write very well. I hope I don't disappoint you, bore you, annoy you, get too personal.... But I can't make any promises. For this to work i decided I can't censor myself. I have to be real.

So please, join me on my journey if you like. I appreciate the company and the support. And feedback. I don't know what to expect, and that, in itself, is pretty exciting.

:-)

2 comments: